Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sports: Soccer Game & Bocce Ball

So I'm on a study break, but all finished with midterms so thought I'd write another post. I think I left off at the Chucky Cheese of beer gardens, and here we are (Andrea, Christopher, Denise, Eli, James, Chris, Trent, CJ and me), drinking of few mas beers and eating roasted chicken and fish. Yum! Okay, so I didn't try the fish, I was going to but was always drawn to half roasted chicken and the fish always seemed to have it's head attached : (.




After dinner, the entire group of students had the opportunity to attend a Munich soccer game! Not the famous Bayern team, but the TSV 1860 team, which was just as good because they won... not mention they were very very cute! We tried but did not find the bar/beer garden where these German men traveled after their games. Bummer ; ).



Siemens. Our last study trip. Quite interesing as this used to be one of the clients I worked on as a paralegal. We had a lecture by the their IP counsel and an inventor. Then we received a lengthy (in my opinion anyway) guided tour of their museum. I really think that I would've been more interested if we didn't have final exams the next morning. After the tour, I went to my apartment and studied until midnight.


The farewell get together was held at an Italian beer garden in the Hofgarten of the Residence. A few of us had been here multiple times already. We walked by it everyday on the way to and from class, and it was so convenient for the quick lunch (or beer : ) ) between classes. Nearly all of the students who attended the last session showed up, including many of the L.L.M.s. Prof. Brauneis brought his Bocce Ball (I just know I'm spelling that wrong) kit and a few of us played. I must admit, I'm not very good, and it seems like such a simple game! Most people left the morning after this event : (. (see post entitled "Quiet" for melancholy reflection : P).


BUT, some of us were still around, AND had vistors from the States that we needed to show around "our city." The next day, after working on my papers - neither of which were completed and both due within two weeks - I met a group to go to Schloss Nymphenburg. Elector Ferdinand Maria built this palace as a summer villa upon the birth of his heir, Max Emmanuel in the mid-1600s. It was a beautiful place with swans on the lakes and in the gardens, not to mention a nice sunny day to conclude our summer trip abroad.

No comments: