Saturday, August 16, 2008

Get on the Bus!

I just finished the last paper of my summer career and am about to send it off. Back home, back at work, back to the relationship, back to the friends, and soon back to school and the stress that comes with it. A large part of me feels a little lost, and that lost part of me wants to go back to Germany. But who knows, if I was still there, I might be longing for home. Funny how the grass is always greener...

But this blog will go on, because I'm only on weekend no. 2! So, I will get to remember and relive, if just for a little longer.

Above is the Castle Neuschwanstein. Beautiful, isn't is? Too bad it was never finished and really never lived in. King Ludwig II was claimed insane, and they hauled him out of this very castle. He was found dead in Lake Starnberg the next day, the shallow part of the lake. He was a great swimmer.

Here's me on the way in to the Castle! It started to rain, again, right after this picture was taken.


Another beautiful shot of the Castle. It kind of resembles the Disney Castle here, doesn't it? This picture is currently the desktop of my computer. I need to remember good times as I sit down to Con Law next Friday : (.


Okay, off-roading time! We were waiting for the train to take us back to Munich (the castles were two hours away in Fussen), and all of a sudden a woman comes out of the station and notifies us that the train will not be coming! There was something on the track and we all had to get on a bus to take us to a station where the train would arrive. All of a sudden a mad rush of us, other Americans and Japanese tourists running to get on the bus. By passing a couple of pushy people five of the six of us found that were the last allowed on with standing room only. Hmmm... did I say five of six, oh yes, I did. One of party decided not to get on the bus and let others push past him. Hello?! Just get on the bus!!

The ride was a trip! We went off-roading in a coach bus! We traveled down little dirt country roads, so narrow a BMW had to back up to let us pass. No two cars could travel down the road at the same time!! Finally, we made it to the train in the pouring rain and traveled for another hour until we reached Munich. Fun times : ).

This is a picture of the Max Planck Institute where all the magic happened ; ). Our classes were held here. It is a really nice building. I took this picture before a group of us met to go to a reception at the law firm of Bird & Bird.

Now that I'm home, in my messy apartment, I am feeling the urge to straighten it up. I miss living abroad, it was so much cleaner in my apartment there!!

No comments: